The SYDRC Educational achievement award ceremony takes place annually to commend and recognise the academic success of Somali students who have successfully completed and passed their GCSE’S and Key stage 3 examinations above the national requirement of 5 A*-C’s and level 5 and above for SATS.
What does it offer to young people?
- Boost their aspirations, motivation and self-esteem.
- Allows candidates to receive recognition amongst their peers and families.
- Helps to improve their attendance and educational attainment, achieve alternative goals in education, training, work or volunteering.
- Gives access to a wider network of opportunities such as work and volunteering.
- To progress into A-level and other prestigious universities.
*Our first prize winner
Achieved 10A*s in her GCSE in every single subject she took and set benchmark of her own. She currently studying medicine at Kings College